Adaptrum is seeking a self-starter and motivated Senior Firmware Engineer to join our development team. We are a small, fast-moving team, working together to bring big results all across the software layers and engineering a cutting edge wireless technology.
As a Sr Firmware Engineer at Adaptrum, you will be designing, developing, unit testing, bug fixing and maintaining WLAN firmware that implements functional aspects of WLAN features on low memory foot print processors that will work in tandem with device drivers running on the host processors.
- 5+ years of experience in Physical (PHY) and/or MAC layer firmware development experience for wireless products
- Solid programming skills in C and any scripting language
- Hands on ability in SW validation including lab testing, system bring up and performance benchmarking
- Hands on experience in solving complex system issues with good problem solving skills
Good Knowledge of PHY/MAC layer specifications of 802.11 wireless standards
- Ability to complete tasks independently, but work closely with team members
- Deep knowledge of hardware subsystems and common peripheral buses I2C, SPI, Ethernet, SDIO
- Hands on knowledge of TCP/IP, L2 and L3 networking protocols and stacks
- Knowledge of Linux kernel 3.x and 4.x, Linux build environment, tool chain, and experience building different targets, including OpenWRT and Ubuntu
- Ability to read schematics and component level data sheets
- Expert working and current knowledge of ARM, MIPS and ARC.
- Good documentation capability
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.